Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

New/Old Interview - Kristen Talks about OTR - 'It by far is the coolest thing I've ever done in my life.'

TodayOnLine New/Old interview with Kristen Stewart from the Breaking Dawn press junket in Los Angeles last year. She starts talking about OTR at 11:20




What was it like being part of the movie adaptation of On The Road?

I can’t believe I got the part. I mean she’s the polar
opposite to me, especially like how people perceive me. She couldn’t be more different.
I met Walter Salles right after I did Twilight and it hadn’t come out yet, and
I knew, based on that meeting there was just, I mean, the word just doesn’t do
it, but he’s the most stirringly inspirational person I’ve really kind of ever
worked with, and I knew instantly that he knew that I liked the book for the
same reasons that he liked it. It was my first favourite book that started me
reading- I was like thirteen or fourteen when I read it. So I don’t even have
the words to describe the opportunity to play that part, what that means for
me. And yeah, she’s very different, and also the fact that I know more about
her than anyone’s allowed to know. I’ve talked to people that nobody else has
an opportunity to speak to, and I’ve spent days with her daughter. We spoke to
people that gave us gifts that we could never get in any other position and it by
far is the coolest thing I’ve ever done in my life, and I totally thank Walter
for that.


via

No comments:

Post a Comment