Pages

Wednesday 12 May 2010

On The Road in Different Languages













I was searching youtube and I came across a video in a foreign language. I finally figured out that it was italian, and learnt the Italian for 'on the road'. I tweeted it and a few other tweeters tweeted what 'on the road' was in their language. Here's what we found:

English - On The Road
Italian - Sulla Strada
Portugese - Pé na Estrada (thanks @KstewDefenders!)
French - Sur la Route (thanks @Joan_velvet!)

Others that I learnt:

Dutch - Op de Weg
Greek - στο δρόμο
Japanese - 道
Russian - на дороге
Chinese - 在路上
Korean - 도로에서
German - auf der Straße
Spanish - en el camino

1 comment:

  1. For those interested in foreign editions of On the Road I recommend the following site, which displays the covers of over 170 editions of Kerouac's book in many different languages.

    http://www.beatbookcovers.com/kerouac-otr/

    My own collection of 100 editions of the book in 25 different languages is on exhibit at the Beat Museum in San Francisco right now:

    http://www.thebeatmuseum.org/ontheroad-aroundtheworld.html

    Horst Spandler

    ReplyDelete